OT: lost my cd/dvd drives

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Thu Feb 23 11:18:27 UTC 2006

After messing around in BIOS for a while I finally got my new SATA drive
playing nicely with my old ATA drive - great! Now the system doesn't see
my cd/r or dvd drives.

I'm asking here because I just don't know where to start. Both drives
are on IDE2 and the ATA drive is on IDE 1. The SATA drive is plugged
into an onboard SATA port.

I'd love some tips with this, even a coupla links would be fine, I just
don't really know what to search for. Everything I'veseen in BIOS which
refers to IDE is as useful as Greek to me.

Here's hoping I can burn and try dapper flight 4 soon!

Duncan

--
--- Legal Notice--- Unless you are named "Arnold P. Fasnock", you may
only read the "odd numbered words" (every other word beginning with the