Server comments

Tom Smith tom71713-ubuntu at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 21:23:54 UTC 2006

Will H. Backman wrote:

>  > Huh? You lost me here... "Not including a dekstop is a false
> economy and
>
>> just encourages the use of underpowered and configured systems as
>> servers"? Are you on crack? lmao No, really... Are you? You must be.
>>

> Lets keep it civil please.
>
> I'd say that the price of Linux encourages the use of underpowered
> systems as servers, not the lack of a resource-hungry GUI.  You often
> hear how someone dusted off an old computer and turned it into a file
> server using a free operating system.

Hey, it's all good. Nothing uncivil was meant by my comments (notice the
"lmao" and ";-D"). I laughed all the way to the send button!

The bottom line, I think, is that everyone has a different use for Linux
(and its variants). We all have our opinions about what works best and
what doesn't. We all have our peculiarities about the way we like things
set up. This is what makes the open source world so great--we have these
choices. So, though I disagree with Jim (are you a native Arizonan?), I
still respect his right to do things his way--that doesn't mean I won't
give him, or anyone else, crap for doing things like that. Besides, *my
way* is the right way--didn't you get the memo? :-P