Server comments

Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) JimBodkins at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 21:17:56 UTC 2006

   I entirely agree. There is another 'tier' that is getting in Sun and
IBM's shorts though. (As I'm sure you are aware) In my experience - honest -
the quickest way to alienate that market is to offer to save them money by
making servers 'cheap'.  Linux adresses both markets well actually. Ubuntu
adresses the appliance and desktop install well IMO. That third category -
business server or application server or ... - could be added.

   Custom ISO's are an option as well. (Which I could do). I dont think
ubuntu's initial purpose was to adress this market (workstations were the
intent I think - which it does very well). This is something else.

I need to get some work done. Thanks for the replies.