Hardware requirements

Milos Prudek prudek at bvx.cz
Sat Dec 16 13:39:26 UTC 2006

What are Kubuntu (or Ubuntu) hardware requirements for Live DVD?

I tried to run Live Kubuntu 6.10 on Pentium 333MHz with 90MB of RAM, 8 MB of
which is shared with embedded videocard SiS 620.

- Kernel booted
- X Window System launched (the black and white screen with the X cursor)
- then KDE seemed to be starting (blue background, cursor switched to a white
arrow,
- then the PC locked up.

I also tried to install Mandriva, but the install failed.

The only thing that I can run is Damn Small Linux, but only if I set a swap
file for it.

Is 90 MB RAM too little RAM for Live Kubuntu?

--
Milos Prudek