Panda3d in Ubuntu

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 08:51:58 UTC 2006

Discussion of the legal stuff on the panda wed site from other projects.
http://www.panda3d.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=372

I am not a lawyer in any way but it looks like the bugs are being
worked out. I would love any help from people here, talking with
people there, to get this worked out. It looks like they are willing.
I would do it but am totally clueless in this area of Ubuntu, Panda3d
and GPL etc.

Can you imagine Fawn with a hot 3D Xorg, python and panda3D all
working together!! In 20 lines of code you could make your program
interface a 3d cube or all your running programs could look like a
heard of sheep walking around a field on the desktop. Click one and
it's mouth opens and zooms in to reveal your working window. :-) Or
how about animated 3D icons.

The power here IS incredible if we could just get the lawyers to let
us use it! I am sure someone else has better ideas of how to use this
power than me. LOL

My personal next step is to get Panda3D working on my new computer.
Then look farther into adding Panda3D to an Ubuntu repository.

Douglas