X-Window

Richard Brown rich at cregy.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 08:50:37 UTC 2006

Hi Robert and Everyone Else

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 17:52, Robert E. Butts wrote:
> I can assume this happens every time you boot?  If you can get to a
> console,
Thanks so much for your help. I thought I would update folks on how the
problem was solved! I was so focused on the x-window assuming this to be the
problem (I had just installed Ubuntu) that I didn't look at the hardware. As
soon as I realised that it was happening from boot-up, I knew it not to be
the x-server. Big oops and one graphics card later all is well!

Just thought I would mention this so that folks could learn from my mistake.
It just happened to be about timing and even though I was watching it boot
everytime, I still couldn't see the wood for the trees!
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk