X-Been-There better for filtering than List-Id - why? (was: List-Id Changed why?)

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Tue Aug 29 19:38:24 UTC 2006

ยท Adam Conrad <adconrad at ubuntu.com>:

> Lea Gris wrote:
>>
>> List-Id changed from:
>> Ubuntu Help and User Discussions
>> To: Ubuntu user technical support
>
> You're better off filtering on X-Been-There,

Why? Actually, I disagree. X- headers can be inserted by anyone,
so there's NOTHING stopping ANYONE from adding X- headers, like
X-Been-There, to normal mails.

Non-X- headers, like List-Id, shouldn't be added by anyone.
They are "standardized". X- headsers stand for "extra".

Now, it's of course true, that nothing is stopping anyone
from adding "List-Id" to normal mails as well.

So, in theory, I disagree - it's better to filter on List-Id.
In all practicallity, I don't see a difference, though.

The only problem was, that Lea filtered on the wrong sub-string.
Bad luck ;)

Alexander Skwar
--
Wie man sein Kind nicht nennen sollte: