neubie with linux - need a lot of info

Matt Morris matt at hannahandmatt.info
Wed Aug 16 13:25:01 UTC 2006

Hello there, and welcome!

Ubuntu won't let you play closed source files by diffult cause then it
wouldn't be free anymore, but the problem is easily solved, it just
might not be legal for your country (generally the US and a few other
countries it's illegal to do this).

Goto this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RestrictedFormats

It tells you how to play all your media.

Also take a look through this page, as it has lots of great newbie info:
https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/index.html

Cheers, and Enjoy!