Ubuntu small business server

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 21:48:59 UTC 2006

On 15/08/06, Jacob <jacobchappelle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Need we say any more...
>
> Filed under: Opinions, Tech, Satire/Sarcasm — senectus @ 11:12 pm
>

> I can't decide what's dumber.
>  Me, for working late into the night remotely from home and because I was
> tired shutting the server down instead of rebooting it…
>  Or Microsoft, for have the default choice in their Server 2003 product of
> "Install updates and shutdown" instead of the vastly more logical and
> expected choice of "Install updates and reboot".
>
> Either way the result is me driving back into work at the late hours of the
> night so I can reboot a fricken server.
>  I really need to get Ilo working so I don't have to do that again.

LOL
thanks for that reminder.
It still doesn't change the fact that the Linux world hasn't even come
close to the neat little package that is SBS.

there are plenty of negatives to SBS as well, the fact that it's only
allowed 75 client to attach to it and if you go over that number the
damn server is designed to _reboot_ and place a nice little message in
your event log to say "hey you need to pay us more money or I'm going
to keep rebooting every 60 minutes!". If that's not extortion I don't
know what is.

By no means do I believe that SBS is a better product than what you
can eventually do with linux, but it is an out of box solution that
linux doesn't yet cover as well as MS SBS server.

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Dapper 6.06