Ubuntu small business server

Jacob jacobchappelle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 06:23:40 UTC 2006

Senectus,

That all depends how good you are at using Linux. Basically we're talking
apples and extortions here, you know what I mean.... Linux is free, and for
what it's worth, if you have that as a tool in your arsenal, it's a pretty
powerful one. Or, you could answer phones all day saying, "sorry, uhmmm
yeahhh... the system is like... down right now so I'm just not sure about
that.... Maybe call back in an hour once we've got our windows security
patches installed"

Linux just works. It doesn't do other things, that you don't know about
behind the scenes, it just does it's job. That's pretty awesome when it
comes to getting that job done. At Google, everything anywhere that can plug
into a socket somewhere is Linux. And as we are all aware by now, Google is
getting the job done elegantly, and fast.

In fact, many governments in Europe, such as the German, Norweigan, Danish,
Swedish governments, all use Linux. The government of Alberta, Canada uses
Linux as well for some examples.

I would consider windows the solution for the non-programmer who can afford
to pay.

(pshhhh) - Roger that - (pshhhhhhh) - over n out

Jake