Dapper on a PowerBook G3?

Harold Johnson harold.johnson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 18:09:56 UTC 2006

To add to the prior information doled out in this thread:  If you
discover you have an "Old World" Mac, you will indeed need to install
a Mac OS partition in order to install (and boot into) Ubuntu.  Your
Mac will require this in order to use BootX, a small application which
will direct your Mac to the Linux kernel.

I forget whether the Mac partition can be OS X; I've only used OS 9
for my own.  I've had my partition as small as 40MB (Yes, only 40
megs!) using only the barest of OS 9 installations to install BootX
onto.  Of course, with a (relatively small) partition of only 40MB,
you are limiting the amount of additional information you can drop
there.  Currently, my Mac OS partition is about 50MB -- I wanted more
breathing room.  Just in case.

Harold J. Johnson
http://darkmatterradio.com