Using Ubuntu absolves the user of personal responsibility?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Aug 3 14:11:58 UTC 2006

Gilles Gravier <Gilles at Gravier.org> writes:

> We want more people on Linux... and yes, newbies as well. In fact, the
> more newbies on Linux, the more we get newbie questions that help us
> make Linux a more newbie and grandmother friendly operating system.

A laudable goal, but I don't think Linux will be acceptable for
newbies at large until they don't have to ask questions on forums like
this one... and I don't think _that_ will happen until there's some
rethinking of how Linux systems are put together.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/144563

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting