Dapper on a PowerBook G3?

Jeremy Gransden jeremy at gransdenonline.com
Tue Aug 1 22:10:33 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 22:32 +0100, streetlightpoet wrote:
> Hello, I apologize for my ignorance, but I just purchased a used
> wallstreet 2 last night. While I've been using macs for a few years now
> I am a stranger to pre-X OS's and this 'book doesn't have an OS
> installed regardless. From what you're saying it sounds like BootX is
> required to install ubuntu on this model, does this mean there's no
> hope for installing Ubuntu without purchasing some legacy install discs
> first?
>

> --
> streetlightpoet

I have xubuntu on a ibook g3 and i did not buy any disks. I downloaded
the ppc .iso from ubuntu.  I don't know much about the ppc architecture
so i'm not sure if they are the same.

--

The video arcade is down the street . Here we just sell small
rectangular objects that are called books. Require a little effort on