Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Rick Chagouri-Brindle rcb at digitalanswers.biz
Fri Apr 28 08:56:16 UTC 2006

> As for me yes it definitely has replaced windows. On my Sony Vaio
> laptop the windows install got scrubbed immediately and i'm now
> running Ubunut breezy. My desktop will be fully switched to Ubunut
> when Dapper comes out.
Me too and as the ICT Manager for a medium-sized business here in the UK
I swapped most of the admin, finance and marketing workstations over to
Ubuntu Breezy and OpenOffice, the Sales Admin Dept are still running
WinXP because of a legacy application a client insists we use, but I am
working on accommodating that too and even those machines use
OpenOffice!  I personally use Kubuntu myself though . . . both at work
and in my home office. If I need to administer the legacy application I
remote desktop to the hosting server.

My three-year old son runs Edubuntu on his laptop!!! Just my wife to
convert over now . . .