Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Peter Clutton peterclutton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 01:17:44 UTC 2006

On 4/28/06, alex <radsky at ncia.net> wrote:

> >>You keep a Windows installation in case Linux can't check your mail?
> >>When has that ever happened?
> >>
> >>Daniel.
> >>

> It happened to me when I lost my external dial up modem. I've got a one
> half inch stack of documentation for adapting the computer's Winmodem
> for Linux operation.  The convoluted information is unbelievable.
> Ubuntu knows the modem is there but can't use it.

.
Surely a real modem wouldn't break the piggy bank? Then you could flush
windows for good.

As for me yes it definitely has replaced windows. On my Sony Vaio laptop the
windows install got scrubbed immediately and i'm now running Ubunut breezy.
My desktop will be fully switched to Ubunut when Dapper comes out.