[Dapper] ATI Radeon : installing proprietary drivers ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Apr 14 20:37:21 UTC 2006

I just bought an ATI Radeon 9250, and installed the fglrx driver to
enable 3D, as per the instructions in the Ubuntu documention.
3D works, but sadly it introduced a few very annoying bugs at the same
time :-(
So I would like to try the ATI binary drivers (I hear they exist ?), to
see how they compare with the free fglrx, hoping they would be better.
But the Ubuntu documentation only gives instructions for the free
driver.

I am running up to date Dapper, does anyone have success right now with
a Radeon card and the binary drivers ? What is the step-by-step
procedure exactly ?

TIA....

--
Vince