Nero CD/DVD burner equivalent for ubuntu?

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 14 01:12:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:26:08 +0200
Nicolas da Luz Duque <hot_boy at skynet.be> wrote:

[snip]

> The apps I was advising "just work", too. Maybe not in the way the user
> thinks at first, but who knows, he might be even more seduced by ubuntu
> discovering it's so much more easy to use than what he had been used to!

I agree that the apps "worK" - and that they are easy to use *once
discovered*. Where I differ from you is in my opinion that the Nautilus
"burner" is not made sufficiently easy to find.

If it was easy to find, people would not be constantly asking if Ubuntu
has CD burning functionality built in - evidence from months of time spent
on IRC suggests that many people don't know it is there.

Note that IRC is something that is not often used by non-geeks - thus the
sample is skewed towards people who already have enough knowledge to use
IRC. You would think (and I would too) that such people would find
something of this kind. The evidence, anecdotal I know, is that many don't.

Just having a prominent icon in Nautilus, or even an entry in the main
desktop menu, would go a long way to fixing this.

Peter
 --

Linux User #343161