Is a restart REALLY required after an upgrade?

localzuk ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Apr 12 09:15:48 UTC 2006

> That's not how it works. The only thing that requires a reboot are
> kernel

> changes. There are no packages in the ubuntu repositories with
> incompetent

> or lazy maintainers who would have you reboot just to get the

> /etc/init.d/script to be restarted.

So you are telling me that in over 15000 packages, there is not one,
that when updated, that doesn't auto-restart itself? I think not.

Stating 'Name one' is a childish exercise - it doesn't prove anything,
other than your own lack of wanting to discover the facts yourself
and/or not wanting to know the truth. Some packages are not very well
maintained. Period.

--
localzuk