Ubuntu + LPI question

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Sat Apr 8 20:44:34 UTC 2006

On Saturday 08 April 2006 22:01, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > The Ubuntu exam is pitched at the same level as the Junior cert,
> > and it's called Ubuntu 103. To get the certificate you'll have to
> > pass both LPI exams (101 and 102) and the Ubuntu 103. But you can
> > write these exams in any order you wish.
>
> Ok, this is a good goal to aim at for me. My background is not
> system administration (it's mathematics and teaching) but my
> knowledge level is roughly at the Junior LPI level. I looked at the
> sample questions and I got about 73% right. So getting a Junior
> cert should require only a reasonable amount of study.

A thorough knowledge of how Linux works is usually enough to get
through the exam well, and developers usually pass easily if they've
had some exposure to most objectives. The target testee is someone
with about one year's real experience. Serious hard-core sysadmin is
more LPIC 2.

> What's the title of someone with the Ubuntu cert? "Junior Ubuntu
> Admin"?

Ubuntu Certified Engineer.

--
Alan McKinnon