kmail 1.8 crashing.

dave s ubuntu at pusspaws.net
Thu Sep 29 17:20:57 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 19:30, Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 September 2005 18:50, ubuntu at pusspaws.net wrote:
> > Is this what other people are experiencing or do I have a configuration
> > problem perculiar to my machine.
>
> KMail generally works fine for me.  One HUGE exception to that is when
> there's no diskspace left.  It really doesn't seem to have any coping
> mechanisms when the disk space runs out.  Check if you're close to your
> diskspace limit, either in absolute terms, or after considering your quotas
> and any software that might be periodically using up lots of space and then
> releasing it.

Hi all,

Disk space is not a problem, I have 14GB free !

So from all your replies I now know its something perculier to my install. It
has a fresh kubuntu install, the only thing I am wondering is that I amended
my sources.list to allow me to install abiword and eric3, I err also did an
upgrade. It did a lot of upgrading.

Is it possible that I have upgraded kmail libs & dependencies causing
instability ?

If I ammend sources.list Is it possible to remove kmail and all its
dependants, then re apt-get kmail causing all its dependencies to
re-install ? - come to that is it possible to remove the whole system (gulp)
and re apt-get the system.

Any advice gratefully recieved

Cheers
Dave