very satisfied user

Winston at Ubuntulinux Winston at Ubuntulinux
Tue Sep 20 16:07:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:09:18 -0700
Richard F Freund <r.freund at rffcs.com> wrote:

> Evidently there are other people
> who also have trouble bringing up their AMD64 versions.

I dont' know about who else but this very machine I'm typing on is
running Ubuntu Horay 5.04 with AMD64 3200+, 1 GB of RAM and 300 GB SATA
drive. Works fine for me. It's running on ECS K8HT1600 with SiS 755
chipset.

I don't know what chipset your MB use ( I will look it up later when I
have more time ) but that I heard many problems with VIA chipsets.

> The two problems during boot are either it freezes after OHIC
> recognition or it freezes during the splash screen. Any suggestions?

I don't know what kind of connection you have but when I was trying to
re-install Breezy on my Laptop, I had to burn it thrice. I downloaded
only once and checked it against MD5. I guess it was just a screwy burnt
with all those cheapo burners.

Yeah, so the only other suggestion I could give you according to your
input is to try different burnt CD unless you can state in which error
it gives you (although I know it's not always possible).

HTH.

Winston