very satisfied user

Morten W. J. morten at newtec.dk
Tue Sep 20 10:39:44 UTC 2005

Richard

> Seems like a fine distinction, esp for a Linux distro.  And
> to compound the hair splitting, being worthy is not
> necessarily the same as being good.

Probably, but he didn't state that Debian was more unworthy or worse than Ubuntu - only that he got more help on the Ubuntu mailing list than on the debian one.

I just do not think it is fair to let your frustrations, dont get me wrong here, be justified by his joy, and question his experience with Ubuntu.

> BTW I
> noticed on the web forum *other* 64-bit questionners
> who were also unanswered.  Is there some secret problem
> with the AMD64 bit version?  Gentoo, SuSE, and Knoppix
> all work great on my Athlon 64/motherboard, but not Ubuntu.

Could be. I don't know anything about 64 bits AMD processors apart from them having twice as many bits as 32 bits ;-)

Regards,
Morten