Resize XP partition for more Ubuntu space

Emerzen ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Sep 20 04:53:46 UTC 2005

I'm no expert at partitioning, but at one point I was having trouble
adding/resizing partitions on a drive.  I read up on it and it turned
out that only 4 primary partitions can be formatted on 1 drive (I had 4
and was trying to add one).  After I learned that I erased a (useless)
partition and was able to resize/repartition to my hearts content.  It
also mentions that Linux is able to divide up a primary partition into
"logical" partitions beyond this, but I've never done that, so I can't
provide any details.

--
Emerzen