wiki.ubuntu.com/WhyIDontUbuntu

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 11 19:41:53 UTC 2005

HC Brugmans wrote:
> Carroll Grigsby wrote:
>
>> HC Brugmans wrote:

 >>> snipped

>> Hidde:
>>
>> I searched the list archives back through May to see what sort of
>> questions you had posed related to your problems with OpenOffice.
>> Here's what I found: You have made a total of eleven posts, all of
>> them within the past day or so. Seven of your posts are in this
>> thread. Of the remaining four, _none_ were related to OpenOffice. But
>> yet you found the time to set up a wiki.
>>
>> -- cmg
>>
> I've been active on irc, the forums, and in many other places where you
> have not searched. No reason to personally attack me.
>
> Again, the piont here is not openoffice, the piont is that this is a
> problem that bugs me greatly, and others have this or other issues too.
> I'd like to see them discussed on the wiki page.
> Feel free to post problems and solutions there.
>
> The entire point is to create a page that is a safe environment for
> people to say "this sucks, because" or "my mother oculdn't possibly work
> with it, because"
>
> -Hidde

Hidde:
I'm sorry that you took my posting as a personal attack -- that was not
my intent. Yes, I should have searched the forums, but forums are
something that I try to avoid. Kinda hard to do on this list.

I'm using Hoary here with OpenOffice.org 1.1.3, and was able to open,
scan and close the PowerPoint document attached to your first bug report
without any problems.

As for your difficulties with pdf files, I've always had success with
both xpdf or Adobe Reader and, in my Mandrake days, the KDE pdf reader
(the name escapes me). That includes printing selected pages or ranges
of pages, but I've never tried printing n pages per sheet because these
old eyes have enough trouble with full size pages.

-- cmg