Installation help

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 14:10:59 UTC 2005

On 9/11/05, Homer Pope <homerpope at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a newbie attempting my first installation of linux.  I would like to
> install it on my second HD which has 20gb free space.
> I created 2 partitions a 500mb and 20GB, but when it attempted to install
> the additional packages it failed.  Then a couple of other steps failed.
> Was this bc I didnt designate one of then as the swap partition?  If so how
> do I do this?  Or did I do something else wrong?
> Thanks
> homer

During the setup procedure, you should designate your large partition
as "/" (root) and your small partition as "SWAP"... that should work.
This is part of the Ubuntu setup, but I believe you need to select
"manual partitioning" or something like that instead of allowing it to
do automatic partitioning.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org