OpenOffice 2.0 - Manual Installation

Alfred Vahau Alf.Vahau at upng.ac.pg
Mon Oct 31 22:41:10 UTC 2005

Guess I created more work for myself by not downloading the debian
version for a start.
However, with the rpms I had, the alien and dpkg commands worked very
well and oop2.0
is up and running with the symlink provided.

However executing /usr/bin/soffice now results in the warning message
that JRE cannot be found.
This is further confirmed by the command
which java
which does not result the path. i.e java not installed.

Back to another installation.

Alfred,