OpenOffice 2.0 - Manual Installation

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 18:09:57 UTC 2005

> Do you get the GNOME and KDE integration that the Ubuntu packages
> provide? I've heard you did not, which is why I chose not to download
> from OpenOffice.org. The packages I got yesterday from Ubuntu work
> beautifully (so far).

There's a folder of "distro menu integration" rpm's in with the
downloadable OO2. Just pick the one for Debian and add it to the main
folder before running alien.
The intructions I saw originally said "run alien -k ..." . The -k option
does the following.

-k, --keep-version
By default, alien adds one to the minor version number of each package
it converts. If this option is given, alien will not do this.

sudo ln -s /opt/openoffice.orgx.x/program/soffice /usr/bin/

sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/soffice

Works like a charm.

regards

nux