network cards won't connect

Bjørn Ingmar Berg bjorn.ingmar.berg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:12:55 UTC 2005

On 27/10/05, Alex Janssen <alex at ourwoods.org> wrote:
> I hear ya.  A lot of people I know don't care what the OS is as long as
> they can do their work.

I care.  But because of my work (and the OS choices of those I usually
work FOR, I have to have at least one computer running Win XP.  As the
WLAN card doesn't play nicely with Ubuntu it might as well be this one.
(And I do have a server and two desktop machines running Ubuntu at home,
si it's not like I've abandoned the penguin for good.)

> If the HW manufacturers would jump in here and give Linux some more
> support I think there would be more widespread use  of it.

For sure.
But what are the chances any of them read a list like this?  :-S

> Did you post a bug report or look to see if one had been posted for your
> network HW?

As things are now I don't have the time to initiate anything.  But I do keep
and eye on this, to see if someone else figures it out.

Regards,
Bjørn Ingmar Berg