netbooting via TFTP (was: non-booted Breezy install?)

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski shot at hot.pl
Mon Oct 31 11:53:43 UTC 2005

Hello.

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski:

> Stephan Hermann:
>
>> can u pxe boot somehow?
>>
>> If yes, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Installation/LocalNet

> I almost have the LocalNet instructions working - did everything
> as written, the laptop even finds the DHCP, but ends with
> PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout

It turns out the bit about TFTP being administered by
inetd is, at least in Breezy's case, a blatant lie. ;o)

I edited the /etc/default/tftpd-hpa, switched RUN_DAEMON to
"yes", did a /etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa start and booted successfully.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
I've found that nurturing one's Zen nature is vital to dealing with technology.
Violence is pretty damn useful too.                        -- Lionel Lauer, asr