power supply and motherboard expired

Kaiser, Hans r_2 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 31 10:54:20 UTC 2005

Hi Winston,

Yes it is possible. Just do following steps:

-          install ubuntu on a small drive

-          setup the bios not to detect your 40GB drive (disable it in the
detection)

-          load the IDE-driver for your board (which usually is done
automatically on boot). The IDE-driver will detect the drive with the
correct params.

watch with "dmesg|less" if the drive gets detected as 40GB. If so, and take
a look with fdisk on the drive. The partitions should be as you have defined
them.

Best regards,

hkais

  _____