Are there any decent Peer To Peer clients working on Ubuntu

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Wed Oct 26 17:50:13 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 27.10.2005, 00:55 +0900 schrieb Dave M G:
> Ubuntu Users,
>
> 	I have been trying to get giFT to work using giFToxic and giFTui,
> neither of which I can get up and running. What I like about them is the
> possibility of being able to have one P2P client for multiple P2P
> networks.
> 	No other P2P client seems to offer the same potential, and yet no giFT
> client seems to work.
>
> 	Is anyone running giFTui or anything better on Ubuntu. If so, how did
> you get it running? I can't find any decent step by step instructions
> anywhere.
>
> --
> Dave M G

or have a look at mldonkey. it does
 - access to EDonkey ( edonkey2000, overnet, emule )
 - access to Gnutella1/2
 - access to Soulseek
 - access to Directconnect
 - access to Bittorrent
 - access to Overnet
 - access to Opennap
and you can choose between a b*ttload of guis for it.
mldonkey is in universe. sancho, a real fine gui is to be found here:
http://sancho-gui.sourceforge.net/
(no compiling, no install, works out of the box)

ulrich