sftp/ftp proxy

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Oct 25 16:46:41 UTC 2005

I want to use (and recommend to some beginner level friends) nvu (web site editor,
kinda like DreamWeaver), but the server we all use uses sftp, and nvu's built in
site manager uses ftp.

Current status of sftp support: http://forum.nvudev.org/viewtopic.php?t=440

We could save to the local drive, then use an sftp client, but that is A) harder
and B) gets rid of the "site management" feature which makes A even extra harder.

I found this for Win: http://www.bitvise.com/ftp-bridge.html wondering if anyone
knows of how do do something similar in Linux.

Or I need someone to add sftp support to nvu and make 10's of dollars.
http://cvs.nvu.com/download/nvu-1.0-sources.tar.bz2
Current ftp code: mozilla/netwerk/protocol/ftp/src/nsFtpConnectionThread.cpp

^Carl Karsten