Firefox is a PIG on memory

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Tue Oct 25 04:05:09 UTC 2005

I have noticed that if I leave firefox open for a long time (week or
more) that the memory usage on my machine just steadily climbs (swap and
memory used). Even if there is only one firefox window open, the instant
I close that window I can watch my memory usage drop 300mb or more. I
like leaving many windows open (several per desktop with several tabs
each) because that is how I organize my various parrallel tasks. A way
to make firefox clean up after itself would be great.

Any ideas?

Matt