Fonts problem in Breezy

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Tue Oct 25 19:00:57 UTC 2005

> Hello,
>
> It seems like breezy didn't install adobe fonts in
> :/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
> or
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi
>
> Is there a way to get adobe-helvetica font installed in Breezy ?
>
> Thanx a lot for helping,
>
> Eric,

I have the same question. Oddly, I have two Breezy boxes and one has
Helvetica available and the other does not. The only difference is that
the one that does have Helvetica was an upgrade from Debian to the
first Ubuntu beta (Warty) release over year ago. The second, was
a fresh install of Warty after it's offical release.

I've been meaning to compare the two and see what the difference is.
I think the Helvetica fonts are in fact installed? For example:

/usr/share/X11/fonts/100dpi/helvB08.pcf.gz
Is this not Helvetica?

There are alias in /etc/X11/fonts/Type1/gsfonts-x11.alias, which alias
Helvetica to Numbus fonts. This may be the issue?
--
Kevin C. Smith