ALT-F2 accessing SMB://server/share - Weird quirk.

Steve Kratz stevek at cipafilter.com
Wed Oct 19 18:46:55 UTC 2005

Not using simple sharing... Something I just noticed also (at work). I'm
trying to connect to:

machine: PENGUIN
workgroup: WORKGROUP

When I first connect, the initial connection comes up with an IP address
of a domain controller on the network. Seems like SMB://server/share
does some sort of a broadcast for a domain controller or something - no
other reason why it'd pull up a test domain controller that I've NEVER
done anything with.

Once again, hitting escape let me connect to the correct machine.

Weird.