ROX Desktop

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 18 22:29:57 UTC 2005

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:44:58 -0400
Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I realize this is not the question you're asking, but in case it
> helps, I wanted to point out that I've had great success lately
> running ROX-filer under XFCE, using the repo at os-works.com. All I
> had to do was add the repo and follow their quick instructions (I
> couldn't install their xfld-desktop package whole, for some reason,
> but installing the pieces separately worked great). This way you get
> the basic goodness of the rox-filer, with the excellent speed and good
> looks of XFCE--I'm a big fan. It brought an ancient (pII 300 mhz)
> laptop I have back to life.

You probably don't want to hear this after all your effort, but the ubuntu version of xfce4 uses the rox filer anyway ;-)

I have xfce4 installed on two machines here - the standard xfce4 filer is included, but by default the file manager icon starts rox ( a good feature IMO)

Peter
--

Linux User #343161