Breezy and Zope 2.7...

Marcus Krüger m.krueger at libereco.net
Tue Oct 18 13:29:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 18.10.2005, 10:17 +0200 schrieb Andrea Giuliano:
> I've been running Zope 2.7 on Hoary for a few months with no
> problems,
> but now that I've upgraded to Breezy it seems that only Zope 2.8
> starts
> with the usual procedure (startup scripts int /etc/init.d), while
> Zope
> 2.7 can only be started running the script
> /var/lib/zope2.7/instance/main/bin/runzope.
>
> I see that /etc/init.d/zope2.7 calls dzhandle to start zope
> instances,
> but I admit I didn't try this way.
>
> Also, I could not find any error log anywhere, except for the
> "[fail]"
> status of the script /etc/init.d/zope2.7.
>
> Any hints?

Here's what I did. I built a new instance using dzhandle (dzhandle -z
2.7 make-instance test -m all) and copied the resulting debian_policy
from the etc folder of test to my conf folder. I edited the
debian_policy file with an editor and changed the name of the instance.
Then I deleted the new instance using dzhandle.

It's the (not existing) debian_policy file, which causes trouble.

After that, zope 2.7 started as before.

Greetings,
--
Marcus Krüger