installing Ubuntu on a machine with only dialup connection

Vram lamsokvr at xprt.net
Mon Oct 17 19:18:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 11:24 -0400, H.S. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if Ubuntu can be installed on a machine which has no
> internet connection(just a modem dialup one)?
>
> For example, can I get the full Ubuntu on a number of CDs (the same way
> as one can get Debian)? The computer doesn't have a DVD reader either,
> but installing one can be considered as a last resort if it helps.
>
> thanks,
> ->HS

I have dial-up and I don't understand what the problem is?
Unless you are charged by the minute.......

So I installed Warty from CD...

And have upgraded over the dial-up..

OK.. The

apt-get dist-upgrade takes three days... So what...  I was planning on
being alive those three day anyway....

Good Luck

YMMV

Vram