Printing problem

Jack Jackson jackson.linux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:09:12 UTC 2005

Hi,
I'm getting a printing error when I print to my network printer that
only occurs with Firefox. It's complaining that the Postscript
interpreter in my printer is too old  (2014.108 and should be >2015)

However the proposed solution:

gs -q -sDEVICE=pswrite -s OutputFile=- -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
-dMozConvertedToLevel2=true - | lpr [options]

(or specifically in my case:

gs -q -sDEVICE=pswrite -s OutputFile=- -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
-dMozConvertedToLevel2=true - | lpr
${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

)

does not work at all. If I set it to ConvertedToLevel2=true I get
gibberish; if to level 1 I get a blank page.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks in advance