gimp and printing

Adam Hamilton aldar25 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 16:46:49 UTC 2005

This may not be a ubuntu problem, but I'll ask here
first.

I have an HP PSC950 and ubuntu detected it just fine
and I can print from other things OK. When I try to
print from gimp it lists the right printer in "Printer
Name," but then I have to select a "Printer Model:"
which does NOT list my printer, so I have to pich one
that is close and works, but the print quality isn't
that great.

Is the printer installed right and it's just a gimp
issue? Or is there just something special I need to do
for gimp?