Epiphany and opening documents in OO.o2

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Oct 10 16:06:59 UTC 2005

It seems I can't get Epiphany to open Word documents in OpenOffice.org2.
Clicking on a link results in a dialogue box asking me what to do, it
says clicking "Open" will open it using OpenOffice.org2 Writer. Nothing
happens though. I changed the default application for Word docs to
AbiWord and Epiphany is happily launching AbiWord with the document
loaded.

Anyone else seeing the same problems? Any solutions around?

Oh yes, I have tried opening a Word document in OO.o2 through Nautilus
and that works just fine.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Note to amateur cryptographers: simple analysis is a *good* thing, if
it doesn't weaken the cipher. ... It's better to be able to prove that
an attack won't work than to have to guess that it won't because it's
too much work.
      -- Colin Plumb