Breezy, 2.6.12 kernel, and ATI 200M?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:12:11 UTC 2005

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info. This is painful - I can get a nice, cheap laptop
with this chip, but  it sounds like I have to pin my hopes on ATI's
future software engineering efforts :(

I'm thinking maybe I should suck it up and get something with an Intel
990 chip. From what I understand, 3D performance on the 990 is poor,
but the driver is decent.

Boy to I miss laptops with nVidia chips. Too bad I've sworn off
Toshiba laptops - they seem to be the only mainstream manufacturer
whose non-high-end laptops use nVidia chips :(

Anyway, thanks for the help.

- Christian