VNC server port and VNC alternatives

Adam Hamilton aldar25 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 19:12:22 UTC 2005

I have 2 breezy computers at home and want to remotely
control them (control their existing sessions, not
connect to new ones). So I want to set the default
server port to something else, it defaults to 5900 ,
but I can't find where to change that. Anyone know?

Also, what free alternatives are there? Remember, I
prefer to take over the existing sessions, not connect
and create a new one. VNC works pretty well, I'm just
curious.

BTW, my work computer is WinXP, so I'll need something
with a win client.