Best equipment/method for creating home wireless network?

***** charles shultzjr at joimail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:31:25 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Broughton" <news at pointerstop.ca>
To: <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: Best equipment/method for creating home wireless network?

> Walter Tautz wrote:
>
> Please don't just use "Reply" to hijack somebody else's thread...
>
> > Hi folks, Just wondering if one can recommend equipment
> > to setup a home wireless network. I currently use DSL service.
> > I know there are wireless modems from my provider (bell sympatico).
> > Any recommendations?
>
> 1) Don't use theirs if you can avoid it.  I imagine you can't hack it
> (legally) and it'll cost much more than it's worth.

There is another viewpoint.  My dsl provider will NOT gauranttee
a connection unless I have one of their dsl modems on my end so
if you don't have one of their modems they will not troubleshoot any
problems you might have.  I got the cheapest modem they offered and
with the rebate it was free, SpeedStrem 4100.  This way I can call
tech support any time I have a connection problem ant they at least
must work on the problem.

charles.....