Versions

Ivan Guadalupe Terán Quijada iteranq at yahoo.com.mx
Mon Oct 3 21:20:05 UTC 2005

Hello Robert,

If your wireless card is a broadcom, or any other mark, the best bet is
to go with "driverloader", Linuxant is a company that sells drivers for
wireless card on linux, in fact, what they do is to use your existing
windows driver and with "driverloader" you enable your wireless card; if
you don't want to pay any, then you can go with ndriswrapper, that is
the same thing as driverloader but free.

Best regards,

Ivan Teran

Robert Cagle wrote:

> I have just installed Ubuntu Linux and am having trouble going on-line
> with either of the programs included.
>
> Your Help indicates the presents a choice of 2 different systems to
> activate in order to get on-line with Ubuntu. There is "eth0" for a
> wired connection and "eth1" for a wireless connection. In reality, on
> my copy of Ubuntu, only "ppp0" and "eth0" are offered. As I  use a
> wireless connection I cannot specify the option of "eth1". Could this
> be my problem with failure to connect? Do I have an obsolete version
> of Ubuntu?      rcagle

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/