nfs timeout

Philip Axer paxer at nyware.de
Mon Oct 3 11:18:24 UTC 2005

Hi,
in my experience nfs (by udp) over long distance doesn't work very well. I
decided to mount with -o tcp. This switches from lossy udp to the relieable
tcp. There are some not so good issues to, e.g. if the connection breaks
down, the accessing process blocks (try to google).
Another hack is to tunnel your data through a vpn tunnel, which does basically
the same. With the vpn thing I could establish a much better connection for a
video stream over rtcp, which is based on udp.

Philip

Am Samstag, 1. Oktober 2005 17:42 schrieb 'Forum Post,
'@wailuku.xlogicgroup.com: