nfs timeout

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Oct 1 15:42:12 UTC 2005

> I'm having trouble with nfs mounts using breezy.

> Attempts to access mounted directories hang and then

> after a minute or so fail with message "Input Output Error"

> dmesg gives

> nfs: server 192.168.0.100 not responding, timed out

> but I can ssh to the server

> firewall on server is wide open

Update: I just tried connecting using ethernet wire and - NFS works. So
is there some extra step of configuration I need? Is there a bug in my
wireless hardware? But  everything else is working and even in windows
I can access the other linux machine over samba. So maybe there's a bug
in the linux driver for the atheros wireless?

I've tried disabling eth0 thinking maybe there was a conflict, but it
makes no difference.

--
holiday