Desperation setting in(was HP Laserjet probs)

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Nov 25 19:36:29 UTC 2005

Hi all, I'm having the same problem with my LaseJet-1100, the printer
was working, in fact I was printing without problem from other box
running Win XP, bur sudenly stops to print. If I boot Win XP from grub
the printer works fine.

I tried this steps that I found here:

http://www.ubuntu-es.org/node/7659

$SUDO APTITUDE INSTALL HPOJ HPIJS

$SUDO PTAL-INIT SETUP

$SUDO PTAL-INIT STAR[/B]T

BUT IN THE SECOND STEP THERE'S AN ERROR:

[B]

*** PTAL-MLCD FAILED TO START! CHECK SYSLOG FILE FOR ERROR MESSAGES.

syslog report problems accesing parallel port:

LOCALHOST PTAL-MLCD FATAL ERROR AT PARPORT.CPP:48, DEV=, PID=10027,
E=1, T=1132858341 ACCESS DENIED TO PARALLEL PORT!

This is the first time I'm using Linux and now I'm lost with this
problem.

Regards.

--
Moloko