Desperation setting in(was HP Laserjet probs)

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Nov 25 15:23:09 UTC 2005

squareyes wrote:
> Hi all,
> after 3 years of no printer, I am once again in the same position.
> Sorry if I sound angry, (I am) having spent the last 3 days trying to
> get my HP laserjet 1100 to work, I have tried all available parallel
> port settings,
> Parallel Port Address 278/IRQ5
> Parallel Port Address 378/IRQ7 (normal)
> Parallel Port Mode SPP EPP ECP ECP&EPP.

I went through a similar problem and never found a solution in time but
it was recommended to take a look at permissions for the printer port
and make sure they are accessible to the cups HP drivers.  you may need
to play around with permissions, ownership, and group of the device.

I apologize for being so vague but it's been quite awhile since I try to
make that particular setup work.