[breazy] nvidia problems with getting higher dekstop resolution

Jakub Kamecki rezydent at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 08:59:47 UTC 2005

Hello

My system specs:
athlon 3000+
asus a8n-sli
gf 6600gt
belinea lcd monitor (max res 1600x1200)

OOTB ubuntu runs great, the desktop resolution is 1280x1024, but since
my monitor supports a higher one I would like to have my desktop use
it.
I've done everything as stated here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia?highlight=%28nvidia%29
but when the xserver starts I get a blank screen. It's not really a
problem of the higher resolution set, because the xserver doesn't work
even in lower resolutions with the nvidia-glx package.
How could I possibly troubleshoot this issue? The higher resolution
isn't such a big problem, but nonetheless it would be nice to see the
gnome desktop in a higher res. Thanks for any help.
If I should supply any logfiles and such please tell me.

--
Jakub Kamecki
mailto:rezydent at gmail.com
www.funktastic.prv.pl